Standing proud against the ugliness and incessant noise of the Chiswick roundabout is the pretty public house of the George and Devonshire. The pub is just a few minutes walk away from the Griffin Brewery, the home of Fuller’s beer.
A pub on the site dates back to the mid-seventeenth century. Originally known as just the George, by the early nineteenth century Devonshire Arms had been added to the name in honour of the Duke of Devonshire who took ownership of nearby Burlington Villa (now known as Chiswick House) in 1758.
- Date taken: September 2020.
- Address: 8 Burlington Lane, Chiswick.
- Camera: Canon EOS 5D (Mark IV) with 16-35mm lens attached.
- Purchase link: https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/kevinjfrost/kevinjfrostcomimagesautumn2020.html
Leave a Reply