One of the most elaborate Christmas displays in London this year is that of Annabel’s private members club in Mayfair. The whole building has been used in a clever way to look like a stage performance of The Nutcracker, a ballet often performed at Christmas time. The display includes music and huge video screens occuping the top floor windows.
Annabel’s is a London nightclub in the heart of Mayfair. The club was first opened in 1963 by Mark Birley who named it after his wife Lady Annabel Vane-Tempest-Stewart. Birley was friends with John Aspinall who gave them the basement of his casino, the Clermont Club, at 44 Berkeley Square. In 2018 the club relocated to nearby larger premises at number 46. In 2003, the Queen was reported to have visited the club.
- Date taken: December 2020.
- Address: Berkeley Square, Mayfair.
- Camera: Canon EOS 5D (Mark IV) with 16-35mm lens.
- Purchase link: https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/kevinjfrost/kevinjfrostcomimageswinter2020.html
Every day in December 2020 I will be posting images of the best festive lights that I have seen adorning London during my walks. I have been taking these images mainly in on early crisp mornings when i find the light is better and there are less people about to walk past the camera whilst it tripod mounted. Most are confined to central London due to travel restrictions during the coronavirus pandemic. You can view the images of other festive lights using the link below (the number corresponds to the day in December they appear).
- South Molton Street (Oxford Street/Mayfair).
- Bond Street (Mayfair).
- Carnaby Street (Westminster).
- Cartier (Mayfair).
- Hay’s Galleria (Southwark).
- Claridges Hotel (Mayfair).
- More London (Southwark).
- Wellesley Hotel (Knightsbridge).
- Lanesborough Hotel (Knightsbridge).
- Leicester Square (Westminster).
- EL&N Tree of Hope (St. Pancras Station).
- Strand (Westminster).
- Covent Garden.
- Selfridges (Oxford Street).
- Four Seasons (Mayfair).
- Hilton Park Lane (Mayfair).
- Annabel’s (Mayfair).
- Dorchester (Mayfair).
- Harvey Nichols (Knightsbridge).
- Leadenhall Market (City of London).
Leave a Reply