This illuminated sign, a quotation from the Charles Dickens classic A Christmas Carol, forms part of the Christmas 2020 window display at the Harvey Nichols store in Knightsbridge. The quote reflects the mood of a year when the world was hit by the coronavirus pandemic.
I took these images with a fisheye lens, which distorts the perspective, partly to give an unusual take on the image and also because of the cramped conditions around that part of Knightsbridge where the high volume of pedestrian and vehicle traffic in a concentrated area can make uninterrupted shots difficult, even with my normal (16-35mm) wide angle lens. Unlike many of my other Christmas shots this one had to be taken in the evening as the window lights are switched off when the store closes.
- Date taken: December 2020.
- Address: Harvey Nichols, Knightsbridge.
- Camera: Canon EOS 5D (Mark IV) with 8-15mm (fisheye) lens.
- Purchase link: https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/kevinjfrost/kevinjfrostcomimageswinter2020.html
Every day in December 2020 I will be posting images of the best festive lights that I have seen adorning London during my walks. I have been taking these images mainly in on early crisp mornings when i find the light is better and there are less people about to walk past the camera whilst it tripod mounted. Most are confined to central London due to travel restrictions during the coronavirus pandemic. You can view the images of other festive lights using the link below (the number corresponds to the day in December they appear).
- South Molton Street (Oxford Street/Mayfair).
- Bond Street (Mayfair).
- Carnaby Street (Westminster).
- Cartier (Mayfair).
- Hay’s Galleria (Southwark).
- Claridges Hotel (Mayfair).
- More London (Southwark).
- Wellesley Hotel (Knightsbridge).
- Lanesborough Hotel (Knightsbridge).
- Leicester Square (Westminster).
- EL&N Tree of Hope (St. Pancras Station).
- Strand (Westminster).
- Covent Garden.
- Selfridges (Oxford Street).
- Four Seasons (Mayfair).
- Hilton Park Lane (Mayfair).
- Annabel’s (Mayfair).
- Dorchester (Mayfair).
- Harvey Nichols (Knightsbridge).
- Leadenhall Market (City of London).